A benefit of your plan is you are automatically enrolled; you won’t need to go through a bunch of steps and screens to start the process. Of course, no action will be taken by us until you say it’s time.
When you are ready to start contributing, here’s all you have to do:
- Set up your online account. You’ll need your account number, which you can get from your welcome letter or by calling us at 1-877-677-3678.
- Log in and go to the Manage Account menu.
- Select Change Contribution and enter your contribution amount (dollar or percentage).
- Verify your investments and make changes as needed. Note: Your account will be defaulted at enrollment to the Target Date Retirement Fund closest to age 65; you may make changes to your investment lineup using the Change Investments menu item.
- Add your beneficiary designation.
How much should I save from each check?
It comes down to "as much as you can." What you can afford.
What should you invest in?
Stocks, mutual funds, bonds & more – there are so many options. So much to understand.
How do you want to handle making investment decisions?
Option 3: Do it for me
For a fee, a Nationwide ProAccount® professional picks investments for you and manages them over time, to help you stay on target with your goals. Learn more about Nationwide ProAccount.
Enrolling & investing videos